Friday, July 9, 2010

Official iPad Complaint

Since my blog has so many followers, I know you must be among them Mr. Steve Jobs. So, I am going to register a complaint. iTunes updated this morning. After the update, I downloaded a pile of app updates, moved my latest photos into my photo folder and plugged in my iPad to sync it. You must understand, sir, I manually sync my music. Manually. But this morning, I got one of your auto music syncs.

Now, I have never been a fan of your auto sync, as it violates a fundamental programming law: it deletes things without permission. I feel you really should be punished for this violation, but since you provide a workaround, even though the default is wrong, I was willing to overlook it. Now, I am not so sure.

Apparently the setting was adjusted. Due to the 100 degree temps, the Server of All Music Storage, was off. Not that it is any of your business. What is your business is my work day music listening pleasure and iPad happiness were interrupted. Lena Horne, Scott Joplin, X-Ray Spex, Lena Horne, X-Ray Spex, Lena Horne, etc. I started thinking shuffle had gone wonky. Then I looked at my song list.

For some reason, Mr. Jobs, you seem to see nothing wrong with deleting my stuffs without my permission. I like my stuffs Mr. Jobs, and your clean up was not helpful, nor was it appreciated. It is reminiscent of my mother's bedroom cleaning technique of putting anything that was on the floor into a trash bag and throwing it out. Only music I bought on my iPad remains. Now I will have to sync everything over. And it will take forever. And I will be displeased.

And by displeased, i mean more displeased than i am currently. I am predicting increased displeasure. While my displeasure is increasing, just thinking of future increases, I would like to add that your music sync sucks. I have to go to a separate special menu item to get music I purchased on my iPad to sync to my server. What The Fudge? Why is app sync so smooth and music sync so crappy? Do your teams not talk? We already know you apparently only hire males. You should seriously think about your hiring practices. Not only would hiring female programmers help you comply with US labor laws, it would also help communication and help you avert bad product names that land your logo on feminine hygiene products.

But I digress. Ah. Warrior in Woolworths. Again. My day is almost done, but fear not Mr. Jobs, I still have energy, and I think you have earned a complimentary house cleaning. Mom, get out the trash bags, someone needs your help...

- Posted, while miffed, from my iPad

Location:My Desk

1 comment:

  1. Why is the world in love again?
    Why are we marching hand in hand?
    Why are the ocean levels rising up?
    It's a brand new sync, for 20-10
    A brand new iPad song sync - flood

    - by Rachel with an assist from her unknown, yet very close friends, They Might Be Giants

    ReplyDelete