Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July

July 4th weekend was full of fun.  We hiked a mountain, spent time in the garden, made pies, had a cookout, watched fireworks, bought a conjoined summer squash, did summer squash surgery and taught Vincent and Picasso to stay. Ok, we taught Picasso to stay.   All kinds of flowers are out and the yard is beautiful.  I figured putting a million photos on the blog wasn't the best idea, so I tried out Picassa's collage feature, to give a feel for all the colors.  I'll post some full photos tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Did you buy the squash just because it was conjoined?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I bought a couple of summer squash and a few zucinni at Trombly Gardens for grilling. So, I didn't impulse purchase it, but it definitely influenced my picking. It's too cool, how could I just leave it for some uncaring consumer!

    ReplyDelete