Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Name all the games we had on the Odyssey, Go!

Calling all retro video game fans, that knew me when I was six!  I need your help!

Unlike Picasso and Vincent, I did not have the latest or coolest video game systems.  We had the odd, church auction game systems that no one knows existed.  How unlucky ;)  Turns out we should have kept it.
<-- This one is selling for $199
If my parents paid more than $20, I'll eat my socks. 
Few people know the Magnavox Odyssey even existed.  Even fewer know it had some of the best games ever.  I know this, but I can only drag this pitifully short list out of my memory banks:



Monkey Shines - featuring a creepy blue monkey cover, this involved climbing ladders and monkeys that turned red and tried to kill you.

Helicopter Rescue - You had a helicopter. There were people on buildings that needed rescuing.  Good thing you were there.

Lord of the Rings (shared) - this was the lord of the rings game before the movies.  I remember it was long.  I think it had 2 cartridges.

Pole Position - Or some race game, I think it was pole position.  No home game system is complete w/ out a race game.

Some keyboard game (I don't remember the point or the name)
???

Help!

2 comments:

  1. I remembered Monkey Shines, didn't remember the Helicopter one until I read it here, and can't remember anything else. So Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's ok. I'll forgive you this time.

    ReplyDelete