Saturday, June 26, 2010

Revenge for the vuvuzela onslaught

It turns out there is a practical use for the annoying song found via the link two posts ago. If you are stuck in a house where a Certain Individual refuses to turn off or mute the world cup, then fear not, now you can combat annoying noise with more annoying noise. That's right. Turn on you iPad/phone/laptop/computer and launch the song. Turn the volume up and let it play.

First minute
CI: what is that?
U: Oh just something from the Internet, it's a funny song

Third minute
CI: It's really annoying, can you turn that off?
U: I'm listening to it.

The song gets quiet and your victim thinks it is over. Then it gets louder.

Fifth minute
CI: ok, it's really annoying, I can't hear.
U: Really? I was thinking the same thing.

Tenth minute
CI: come on! Did you start it over?
U: No. We haven't even gotten to Halloween yet.
Let me know when you're ready to negotiate.

Sixteenth minute
CI: fine. I'll mute the TV, if you turn that off.

Revenge for the vuvuzela onslaught is yours.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Here

2 comments:

  1. Hee, hee. Glad it came in useful. I think you need to provide the link again:
    http://boingboing.net/2008/04/17/25-minute-compositio.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. The weird thing is accordions, opera and bagpipes drown out vuvuzelas rather effectively. Well, maybe it's not so weird...

    ReplyDelete